Brussels Sprouts Salad
November 29, 2012 § Leave a comment
Ever since this dinner, at Sunda in Chicago, my eyes have been opened to a world of raw brussels sprouts. Brussels sprouts that are delicious without being roasted or smothered in sauce or topped with bacon. Of course all of those preparations are delicious but there is a sea of brussels sprouts salad recipes out there so I picked this one since it seemed simple and light enough plus the ingredients are things you’ll most likely have on hand.
Ingredients adapted from Shutterbean
- about 14 oz Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano–Reggiano, finely grated
- 1 cup toasted walnuts, in pieces
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cinder vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt & pepper
Set the nuts aside to cool and start prepping the brussels sprouts. After rinsing, cut off the hard ends and chop thinly. If you have a mandolin that gets the job done well.
Whisk the olive oil, cider, mustard and salt and pepper together. Combine with the sprouts, walnuts and cheese mixture.